Virginia Beach, VA (June 16, 2022) – Chartway is proud to announce that 10 student members have been selected to each receive a $3,000 scholarship, totaling $30,000 in financial assistance.
The Directors’ Memorial Scholarship, an ongoing program created in 1989, has awarded nearly $380,000 to student members pursuing collegiate studies. This year’s recipients were selected based on need, activities, academic achievement, an essay, and a letter of reference:
- Isaac Allen (UT) – Academy of Art University, Fine Arts
- Jordan Booker (TX) – University of Houston, Technology Leadership Innovative Management
- Aubrey Donovan (FL) – University of Central Florida, Film and TV Production
- Sydney Fayton (VA) – North Carolina Agricultural & Technical State University, Criminal Justice
- Katelyn Gudenau (TX) – Dallas Baptist University, Accounting/Information Systems
- Christin Newsome (TX) – Lone Star North Harris, Criminal Justice
- Stephanie Rice (VA) – University of Dayton, Educational Policy Studies & Evaluation
- Jaden Smith (VA) – Howard University, Biology/Pre-Med
- Hope Njorge (VA) – George Washington University, Psychology
- Elise Villanueva (VA) – Virginia Commonwealth University, Chemistry/Biochemistry
A strong supporter of education and developing the next generation of leaders, Chartway also awards $25,000 annually through its Old Dominion University Athletic Scholarship fund, leads a contemporary paid summer internship program, operates four Student-Run Credit Unions in four Norfolk, VA, public high schools, and offers free financial wellness programs.
Additionally, its charitable arm, the Chartway Promise Foundation, has raised more than $13 million to provide the financial support needed to make dreams and wishes come to life for children facing medical challenges.
“At Chartway, making a difference in our communities is ingrained in our culture,” said Brian Schools, president & CEO. “Whether it’s supporting children with medical hardship through our charitable arm, the Chartway Promise Foundation, seasonal giving, crisis support, offering financial wellness programs, or helping tomorrow’s leaders gain a strong academic foundation, we’re so proud to do it and we promise to continue building on our strong foundation of service in ways big and small as we move forward, thriving together.”
About Chartway Credit Union & its Chartway Promise Foundation
Since 1959, Chartway has been unlocking the potential of individuals and families so they can thrive. Member-owned and values-driven, the $2.6 billion credit union proudly serves more than 190,000 members with branches in Virginia, Utah, and Texas. Additionally, Chartway has been recognized by the communities it serves with numerous Top Workplace and Best Credit Union awards – not only for its service to members but also as an organization where team members benefit from rewarding work, room to grow personally and professionally, and being their authentic selves. Since 1999, the Chartway Promise Foundation has raised more than $13 million to bring joy, hope, and smiles to children facing medical hardship. The Chartway Promise Foundation is the charitable arm of Chartway Credit Union, whose values reflect a bright way forward for members, communities, and team members. For information on this vibrant organization, visit www.Chartway.com and follow them on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.