Tips for Protecting Your Personal Information:
- Always be wary of any emails, messages, or phone calls that request confidential information, like your account numbers, login IDs, PINs and passwords, or any other personally identifiable information.
- Ask the caller for their name and a number that you can call them back at. If this number doesn’t match the one they called you from, this is a major red flag.
- Many fraudsters use scare tactics, such as threatening to disable your account. Don't feel pressured into providing information.
- Never click on links in an email or text, unless you are absolutely certain who sent it.
- As always, you should frequently review your account history for any unusual transactions.
And remember Chartway will NEVER contact you directly (by phone, email, or text) to ask for specific confidential information, including your:
- Debit or credit card number
- Personal Identification Number (PIN)
- Security (CVV) code on back of card
- Online Banking username or password
- Social Security Number