Virginia Beach, VA (January 18, 2018) — Chartway Federal Credit Union’s charitable arm, the We Promise Foundation, is proud to announce its board of trustees.
We Promise Foundation Board of Trustees
- Wayne Foshay: chairman (director, Chartway FCU board) and (vice president, Beachtowne Builders)
- Jon Wheeler: vice chairman (chairman & CEO, Wheeler Real Estate Investment Trust)
- Paul Annunziata: secretary/treasurer (corporate development executive, Chartway FCU)
- Bob Cook: trustee (2nd vice chairman, Chartway FCU board)
- Kim Little: trustee (executive vice president & chief operating officer, Chartway FCU)
- Richard McGrath: trustee (director, Chartway FCU board) and (founder & CEO, Dominion Financial Solutions)
- Tyler Quigley: trustee (regional vice president, Burns-Fazzi, Brock – a Division of Gallagher Benefit Services, Inc.)
- Brian Schools: trustee (president & CEO, Chartway FCU)
- Bob Sinclair, Jr.: trustee (general manager, Sinclair Communications, Inc.)
During the upcoming year, the We Promise Foundation board of trustees looks forward to bringing joy, hope, and smiles to even more children facing medical hardship or illness by complementing fundraising activities with several external events, as follows:
- 3rd Annual Sip or Sizzle Vacation Raffle: now through March 9, 2018
- 3rd Annual Putting for Promises Golf Tournament in Lehi, UT: May 3, 2018
- 13th Annual Diamonds in the Sky Gala in Norfolk, VA: September 19, 2018
- 20th Annual Charity Golf Classic in Virginia Beach, VA: September 20, 2018
- 1st Annual Par 4 Promises Golf Tournament in Sugar Land, TX: October 15, 2018
- Chartway Norfolk Harbor Half Marathon & We Promise Foundation 5K in partnership with J&A Racing in Norfolk, VA: November 17–18, 2018
Phil Richards to Lead Foundation and Chartway’s Community Involvement Efforts
To support the We Promise Foundation’s board of trustees, long-time Chartway leader, Phil Richards, will serve as the president of the We Promise Foundation & community involvement executive. In this position, Mr. Richards will lead community engagement efforts for both Chartway and its We Promise Foundation. He’ll also be accountable for establishing meaningful partnerships with community businesses, legislators, and trade groups, for fulfilling the foundation’s mission and strategic goals, and for its overall growth / expansion. Previously, Mr. Richards served in several other leadership positions at the credit union— most recently, as Chartway’s chief planning & brand officer.
About Chartway's We Promise Foundation
As the charitable arm of Chartway FCU, the We Promise Foundation is dedicated to providing life changing experiences that bring joy, hope, and smiles to children facing medical hardship or illness. Since 1999, the credit union and its We Promise Foundation have raised more than $10M to bring smiles to the faces of thousands of children. For more information, visit www.WePromiseFoundation.org; or, visit them on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
About Chartway Federal Credit Union
Chartway Federal Credit Union, a not-for-profit financial institution, has been proudly serving members for more than half a century. Guided by its vision, mission, and values, the $2 billion credit union is dedicated to making life more affordable for its 180,000 members through its multi-state branch network and a full slate of online, mobile, and telephone banking services, including mobile deposit, mobile bill pay, and digital wallets. As one of the largest credit unions in the country – with membership concentrations in Virginia, Utah, and Texas – Chartway is consistently recognized for its financial strength, its ability to make life affordable for its members, and for its philanthropic contributions through its charitable arm, the We Promise Foundation, which has raised more than $10 million to provide life-changing experiences that bring joy, hope, and smiles to children facing medical hardship or illness. For more information, visit www.Chartway.com; or, visit them on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.