Chartway Federal Credit Union is proud to announce that seven student members have been selected to each receive a $3,000 scholarship, totaling $21,000 in financial assistance.
The Directors’ Memorial Scholarship, an ongoing program created in 1989, has annually awarded scholarships to seven deserving student members pursuing their collegiate studies. Since its inception, the program has awarded more than $325,000 to student members. This year’s recipients were selected based on need, activities, academic performance, an essay, and a letter of reference:
- Gregory Wilkey (Utah) – Brigham Young University
- Gracee Dalton (Utah) – Weber State University
- Hope Rhodes (Virginia) – University of Virginia
- Destinee Harrell (Virginia) – Old Dominion University
- Lindsay Locke (Virginia) – College of Charleston
- Brea Hunlen (Virginia) – North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University
- Nirlange Heriveaux (Virginia) – Old Dominion University
“At Chartway, we’re dedicated to making life more affordable for all of our members,” said Brian Schools, president and CEO. “As the parent of a student in college myself, I’m honored that we can give back to our communities and support student members furthering their education.”
Chartway Federal Credit Union is proud to announce that seven student members have been selected to each receive a $3,000 scholarship, totaling $21,000 in financial assistance. Watch our special announcement video, featuring our student winners. Since its inception in 1989, the credit union has awarded more than $325,00 in scholarships to its student members.